I, just like you are a total homebody, even throughout all the social events I went to, I wanted to come straight back home, jump into my pjs, maybe take a bath and just chill out in my room or with my family. I was never a fan when my group of friends would make plans because I just wanted to sit in my room painting a new canvas, reading a book or watching a new tv series. I always use to feel like I had to go out and be social but then I realised that it was okay to be me and be a little more introverted than the others that were going out, I have always been an introvert who felt like she had to be an extrovert but now I have come to love the homebody in me and I embrace my personality more than ever. I enjoy the idea of just hanging out at home, pottering around and just being me.
Things To Do If You’re A Total Homebody
- Make a cup of your favourite tea, grab a new book and a throw rug and curl up on the sofa or in your favourite spot.
- Watch a new series on Netflix that you have been meaning to watch while snacking on your favourite foods.
Find a new Youtuber who vlogs to binge watch over the weekend.
- Make a new recipe and try it out for dinner or even make a new sweet recipe to have for dessert.
- Re-organise your bookshelf, your desk or your wardrobe.
- Take your dog for a walk down along your favourite place, go to a dog park and play with them for the afternoon.
- Reorganise your skincare products, throw out what you don’t use and keep what you do use, do the same with your beauty products and if your like me, your lip balm collection.
- Have an at home spa day, make a nice bubble bath with a bath bomb or two, light a few candles, put on a face mask and grab your favourite book.
- Start a new garden, buy some succulents or sunflowers to plant, embrace the green thumb.
- Re-arrange your bedroom, your bedside tables, maybe liven it up a little by adding a fresh bunch of flowers or a touch of greenery with a new plant or succulent.
- Practise mindfulness, do some yoga or a small lighthearted workout routine.
- Start a mood board or goals journal and plan out your future, start a bullet jounral.
- Read a new magazine or a book that you bought a year ago and forgot to pick it up and read.
- Teach yourself something new like how to paint or learn a foreign language.
- Take a nap whilst listening to your favourite chill out playlist.
- Buy a new cushion or two for your bed or even a new throw rug to make it into a cozy place to go after a long day, make it your own little sanctuary away from the world.
- Work on your blog, your website, your Instagram or a new project you have coming up.
- Enjoy doing your favourite activity whilst home by yourself.
I got this blog post idea from one of inspirers, Mandy Ferrugia from A Girl Obsessed, go and check her out, you will fall in love with her blog and her instantly.
Are you a total homebody, what are your favourite things to do whilst having a ‘me’ day?
Maddison Jayne xo