When I think of random acts of kindness to perform, I think of those around me in need, and those who I just feel need to have their day made better by even the smallest action, in life I always say celebrate the small things, they are what are most important at the end of the day. Spreading kindness is a wonderful idea but so many of us talk about the theory of it without really putting our words into action, now is your chance and mine too, to spread random acts of kindness around to those in need of cheering up. There is nothing more rewarding than knowing by doing one small thing, you can change someone’s day completely.
30 Random Acts Of Kindness
- Buy someone you love a bunch of flowers.
- Write someone a letter telling them how grateful you are for them.
- Help an elderly person put their groceries into their car.
- Take a friend or neighbour some homemade goods.
- Make someone a basket of their favourite goods when they are unwell.
- Drop off coffee to a friend or maybe one of your coworkers.
- Smile and say good morning to those who you pass on a Monday morning.
- Buy a homeless person some food and a blanket or jumper.
- Volunteer at a shelter.
- Leave your significant other a cute good morning note and a cooked breakfast for when they wake up.
- Take in your neighbours rubbish bin when you take in your own and leave it by their fence, door or gate.
- Offer to help someone spring clean their home or do simple things like clean out their pantry or do their laundry.
- Take an elderly person you know a home cooked meal and some sweets.
- Compliment someone on their smile or their natural beauty.
- Take some toys up to the children’s hospital.
- Donate to a local charity you feel passionate about.
- Go to a small, local cafe and leave a generous tip and happiness note when you finish your meal.
- Donate used or pre-loved clothing, furniture or books.
- Hold the door open for someone with their hands full or offer to help them carry it.
- Pay for someone’s coffee or meal.
- Help a friend pack or move.
- Offer to mow your neighbour’s lawn when you do yours.
- Read to children in the children’s hospital or go and give flowers or books for people to read in hospital.
- Join a fundraiser or do a marathon for a cause.
- Give the hair you cut to the cancer council or participate in a be brave and shave event to raise money for cancer patients.
- Visit your local home for the elderly.
- Make someone you love a nice homemade dinner.
- Write positivity notes and leave them in places for strangers to find.
- Be kind to someone in need of cheering up.
- Write a letter to an old relative who has lost someone dear to them or who is going through a hard time.
What do you do to spread random acts of kindness in your every day?
Maddison Jayne xo